I’m feeling inspired having just eaten a Vegan Cornish Pasty from the health food place around the corner. Come on, how hard can it be? I’ve been collecting some resources to attempt my own, which I’m going to chuck here for safe keeping. Watch this space for my big attempt. lol
To start with an easy puff pastry recipe from The Bush Gourmand.
- 500g flour
- 500g cold butter, cut into chunks
- 110ml icy water
Note – make in 2 batches
Followed by a highly rated Vegetable Cornish Pasty recipe from allrecipes.com
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced thin
- 1 turnip, peeled and diced
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon yeast extract spread (Hmm, let’s not. I’m going to try homemade veggie stock)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 pound shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
I think I might add corn, and maybe pumpkin.
And lastly some instructions from people who probably know what their doing better than me!
Watch this space. I’ll post when I attempt it (or maybe after I’ve done it a couple of times and have perfected it :)).